Monday, August 15

How long does Summer last?,

In response to last week’s question, "How long does Summer last?," my sailing friend Norm concluded, "Never long enough unless you are in the BVI's!"

My temple friend Tracey lamented, "When you are a woman of a certain age, it's lasts 365 days per year.... 366 this year!" to which my cuckoo clock friend Jodie agreed, "Too long!"

My writing and sailing friend Rich, sees things differently when he responded, " Forever!" and provided validation from the Beach Boys:  Their  album titled "Endless Summer.

My equestrian friend Royce called out, "Until you decide it's too cold to swim naked" to which my dad's beach buddy Bob added, " The Summer ends when the  heat leaves and the last of the summer visitors decide to go home."

My temple friend Richard observed, "Officially, September 21. In reality, it ends when the kids go back to school. At that point, no one is going to neighborhood pool, so there’s need for it to be so damned hot!"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

We allow naked statues outside and in art museums.   Should we allow people to do the same?  (from my sailing friend Tim)

The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.
Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: