Monday, September 19

When If someone 'rips you a new one', then what happens to the 'old' one? AND Talk Like a Pirate Day info

Aarg, matey, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day!  In response to last week’s question, "When If someone 'rips you a new one', then what happens to the 'old' one?,"  my social media friend Mark believes, "The 'old' one automatically transfers all sphincter-like properties to the 'ripper' of the new one."   Yet my engineering friend Steve thought, "After much pain you now have a useless spare" to which my equestrian friend Royce suggested, "You donate it to charity."

My dad's beach buddy Bob clarified, "If it a great compliment, it will always take precedence.  If it is criticism, it usually goes into the circular file."

My cycling friend Ted replied, "My first thought would be it stays with you, which would make you twice the asshole, but then I thought, no- old wounds eventually heal, and we continue straight on life's old trajectory like nothing happened!"

And my writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "Hopefully it got a little wiser, alas that is so rarely the case."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is there a good pirate?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!
Hal


Les ye be lookin' fer a dull day, may ye find booty at this link as we celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me so  I can share what  I'm up to.

No comments: