Monday, December 5

What is Victoria's secret?

In response to last week’s question, "What  is  Victoria's  secret?," my writing and sailing friend Rich determined it was, "That less is more." My gemologist friend Bill concurred, "From what I have seen not much," to which my temple friend Kevin added, "That people are willing to spend large sums of money on tiny, little outfits (not that I'm here to complain about that)."

My collaboration friend Andy put it simply, "Photoshop!" which led my sailing friend Norm and social media friend Mark to call out, "There not real!"  My engineering Steve friend added, Strong responded, "The fun is finding out on your own!"  (Editor's note:  Steve's response could go at the end of most other responses.)

My temple friend Tracey replied, "If she told you, it wouldn't be a secret" but then my cycling friend Ted disclosed, "She begged me not to tell anyone, but I can tell you that Victoria is anything but Victorian!"

My hiking friend Kelly though this would be called, "Tallywackergate" explaining that "She’s a dude!" to which my friend Bob expounded, "Victoria's secret is that she used to be Victor, and if you see her in the locker room at the gym, she still is."  Then my temple friend Richard shared an alternative version, "Victoria’s secret is that 'she' is actually a 320-pound cigar-smoking guy in the Bronx named Victor.   Victoria’s other secret is that the merchandise will not look anything like what appears in the catalog on any woman weighing more than 120 pounds, and even then only if she has not eaten in at least 3 days."

My dad's beach buddy Bob counseled, "A cleaver woman may tease a bit, but the ultimate price for a very smart woman is wearing a bridal gown."

My cousin Wes suggested, "Being able to help women be sexy for their men. What a secret trick."

And my networking friend Andrew proclaimed, "Google John Brown."  He was referring to John Brown with Queen Victoria saying 'We are not amused' and not referring to fantasy football info about Cardinal's John Brown).

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What don't you want for a gift?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: