Monday, December 19

What's the opposite of rehab?, and a Santa Claus question

In response to last week’s question, "What's the opposite of rehab?," my temple friend Richard replied, "Reelection" while my social media friend Mark suggested, "Rebinge."

Both my neighbor Al and sailing friend Norm declared, "Baher."   Not the  Palestinian neighborhood near East Jerusalem, they noted that spelling rehab backwards would be its opposite.

My collaboration friend Andy explained, "Retox: Verb. The act of doing all the things your nutritionist and trainer tell you not to do.  I think it's better as an antonym for detox, but heck, close enough.  :)      Used in a sentence: "Hey, we've been eating spinach smoothies all week, let's go have a burger and beer at Highland Tap to retox."

When my birthday bud Jon called out "Prefab," my cousin Valarie added, "Instead of habbing again, this is before habbing in the first place. But who habs anymore anyway, right?  : ) "   To this, my cycling friend Ted concurred, "It would be Prehab, or simply "Hab".  But my official answer is 'College,' which is what got you in to Rehab to start with!"

My PR friend Stan declared, "Unhab – especially easy to do at this time of year."

My sailing friend Angie commented about last week's post script, and then answered the question, "OMG - LMAO on sergeant......  I would participate but I am not that funny:  Opposite of rehab would probably be Happy Hour or a two martini breakfast."  (Yes, Angie, you are funny.)

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

How old is Santa Claus?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

Wed is the shortest day of the year.  December Solstice (Winter Solstice) is Dec. 21, 2016 at 5:44 am in Atlanta. With just 9:54:31 of daylight,  Dec. 21 is 4 hours, 30 minutes shorter than on June Solstice,.  So make the most of your night!


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: