Tuesday, January 3

How old is Santa Claus? and a 2017 question

In response to last week’s question, "How old is Santa Claus?," my college roomie Jon replied, "The Santa I know is 55."  My equestrian friend Royce observed, "Only as old as the guy in the red suit."

My social media friend Mark noted, "Like me, old enough to not have to answer that question any more" while my PR friend Stan noted, "Ask my grandkids. They probably think he’s younger than I."

My dad's beach buddy Bob advised, "Santa is ageless as he lives in the memories of the children who pass his infectious loving memory on from generation to generation." My managed IT friend Kosol added, "Who knows how old he really is. One thing I do know is that his spirit of giving will continue on for generations.  Merry Christmas and have a happy and prosperous New Year!"

My cycling friend Ted shared a story, "He's much younger than he looks--he's 26.  He did go to college, but never went to rehab or prehab or hab, so his destructive lifestyle and reckless sleigh driving(He's had many SUI's) have  aged him before his time. Mrs Claus however, really is a Cougar of 178 and she doesn't mind when her perverted hubby calls her a Ho 3 times in a row. In fact, she recommended this name calling become part of his persona and Christmas tradition!"

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What will it take to make 2017 better than 2016?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year, however you want to define that.  We have much to be thankful for, many choices to make, and always opportunity to do the right thing.  As I've learned from so, so many friends and colleagues, " Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," which said another way is “That which is hateful unto you do not do to your neighbor."  Have a great year and live with intention.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: