Monday, January 23

How do you keep your eyes peeled?

In response to last week’s question, "How do you keep your eyes peeled?,"  my cycling friend Ted concluded, "If you wear contact lenses, you just peel it of your cornea!" to which my sailing friend Norm concurred, "Since I don't wear contact lenses, I am unable to 'peel' my eyes.'"

When my equestrian friend Royce replied, "find a good ophthalmologist," my dad's beach buddy Bob added, "I had a surgeon do it for me about 20 years ago.  I can now see much better than before as I can now keep them open to new opportunities."

My production manager friend Ray's first response to Hmmm was, "By looking at a picture every day of Miss Emma Peel (think Avengers)."  And my social media friend Mark shared the image to the right.

My former colleague Vanessa advised, "I keep my eyes peeled by looking for good family quality time activities, looking for good self-enrichment opptys and for good teaching moments for my kiddos on how to give back to the community. I may also keep my eyes peeled for the occasional travel experience as well, I am convinced I was a nomad in a past life, lol. As Groupon says, if you are going to own something, own the experience! Would much rather spend my time doing then surrounding myself with things...."

And my photographer friend Thomas replied to the prior week's question, "Can you donate free time?," writing "If you want to value your time purely as an economics questions, consider the opportunity cost, i.e. what else would I be doing with this time.  Opportunity Cost: When a choice needs to be made between several mutually exclusive alternatives. Assuming the best choice is made, it is the 'cost' incurred by not enjoying the benefit that would have been had by taking the second best available choice.  This assumes your life is governed purely by economics."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What do you do when the Super Bowl is on?
Factoid: ~70% of people watching TV then will be tuned to the game (average of ~115M people)

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

Falcons to the Super Bowl!  An awesome offense yesterday.  Rise Up! 

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.


No comments: