Monday, January 9

What will it take to make 2017 better than 2016?

In response to last week’s question, "What will it take to make 2017 better than 2016?," my birthday bud Jon suggested, "A time machine that can take us back to 2015."  My social media Mark advised far more optimistically, "For me...it will be me. And for you...it will be you."

My recruiting friend Jason professed, "Less news channels.....no, wait...more news......no....definitely NO NEWS CHANNELS."  Then my college roomie John and equestrian friend Royce replied, "sometime after Jan 20th, dump Trump."

My temple friend Tracey shared, "Not much! 2016 was not a great year for most of the people I know. Here's to a new start and a new beginning.  Roll Tide."  To this, my managed IT friend Kosol suggested, "What the world needs now...is love sweet love."

My cycling friend Ted called out, "Another year of mountain biking."

My dad's beach buddy Bob P yearned, "At my age, just surviving for another year with my sweetheart will be just fine."

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Can you donate free time? in honor of MLK Day being a national day of service on Jan 16.

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile.
Hal

"OK, Northerners, stop criticizing how we in Atlanta handle snow and ice.  It's rare down here.  Kind of like winning a BCS Championship up North."

Mon, Jan 16 is Martin Luther King Jr Day, a national day of service.  One of the many, many great things this Atlantan wrote was, "We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now." Plan do to something good for your community soon. 


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: