Monday, August 21

What do you want eclipsed (or e-clipsed)?

In response to last week’s question, "What do you want eclipsed (or e-clipsed)?,” my adjunct executive friend Lindy called out, “Definitely some nights in college . . . maybe a few years of my past marriage . . . and some really poor decisions I made. But doesn’t everyone want something similar?” 

My cycling friend Ted listed, “Want E-clipsed: my son's X-Box.  Want Eclipsed: my wife's trash TV shows.  Don't want eclipsed: my view at the movies, when without fail, an NBA player usually sits right in front on me!”

My temple friend Phil yearned, “After last week's events in Charlottesville, the answer is bigotry and the enabler-in-chief,” to which my social media friend Mark specified, “The Donald.”   My dad’s beach buddy Bob wanted, “our entire political system” eclipsed while my engineering friend Steve replied, “Government, at least a partial eclipse.”

And my cousin Greg hoped, “It would be impressive if I could get a total eclipse of the heart.”  Not sure if he was referring to the music video.


Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

       When is it right to be left in the dark?
 
Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Here’s to sunny skies so that you can see the eclipse, which is moving past the Earth at 1,800 miles/hr.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: