Monday, November 20

How do we know if animals need glasses?

In response to last week’s question, “How do we know if animals need glasses?,” my writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, “They bite the hand that feeds them,” to which my dad’s beach buddy Bob agreed, adding, “I even know some people like that.”

My cycling friend Ted observed, “When the dog mistakes the cat for a fire hydrant.”

My temple friend Bob advised, “When we see them lapping water directly from a stream or trough.  Or, when Rover is humping your leg when there's a beautiful female collie nearby.”  Another temple friend, Lesley, shared, “If we could get an animal, other than a human, into one of these Autorefractors.”

My social media friend Mark replied, “If their face keeps falling INTO their drinking bowl, switch them to glasses.   As we age, drinking from a bowl is just too much, and a little undignified if you ask me.  (Or for glasses, did you mean spectacles)?”

And then my equestrian friend Royce called out the simplest reply, “If they are in the optician’s office.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

What would the Pilgrims think of the Internet?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Thank you to the hundreds of people who attended our 13th Annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Celebration plus hundreds more who watched online.  After about 90 minutes of spoken reflections and music from people of many faiths, many colors and many origins, Rabbi Lebow offered a closing comment, “This is what America looks like.’

Best wishes for a moist, savory turkey this year.  We’ll be frying ours.

Healthcare coverage note if you’re in ATL and looking for individual or group healthcare.  There is a disruptive solution to replace Blue Cross, Kaiser and AmBetter that starts with unlimited primary healthcare with no co-pays for $100/month, and combines with catastrophic coverage with no deductible.  Connect with me or visit www.HIPnation.com for more info.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: