Monday, November 6

What is a good scare?

In response to last week’s question, “What is a good scare?,” my adjunct executive friend Lindy noted, “As I am a timid girl, I find the question to be an oxymoron.  There is no such thing as a good scare.  Not even thinking you’re pregnant to later learn it was a false alarm.”

My sailing friend Norm acknowledged, “At my age it’s when I’m driving in my own neighborhood and don’t recognize where I am and feel lost!”

My attorney friend Phillip warned, “Donald Trump with the nuclear codes” while my equestrian friend Royce cautioned, “A letter from the IRS.”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob replied, “When you have finally found your cell phone that you thought you lost 2 days ago.”

My IT management friend Kosol declared, “A good scare is when I’m not the person being scared.”

And my cycling friend Ted, who is also a private pilot, advised, “When you are flying a 1959 Piper Apache (twin engine) at night over hilly terrain and one engine quits! (But luckily a run through the emergency checklist reveals an unlocked fuel primer, and re-seating it restarts the engine! This was indeed pilot error for failing to check it before takeoff) A Good Scare is always educational for a soon to be Multi Engine Commercial pilot rating!”


Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

      Can you be predictably irrational?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Healthcare note if you’re in ATL and looking for individual or group healthcare.  There is a disruptive solution to replace Blue Cross, Kaiser and AmBetter that starts with unlimited primary healthcare with no co-pays for $100/month, and combines with catastrophic coverage with no deductible.  Get a free ticket here to hear Dr Brian Hill and Herman Cain discuss this at Cobb Galleria on Tue, Nov 7 at 7p, or visit www.HIPnation.com for more info.

Thu, Nov 16 will be an inspiring, uplifting evening to kick-off the holiday season.  I’m involved in the planning of the 13th Annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Celebration, which is in Marietta and streamed online.  Here is event info to attend in person and if you want to watch it live.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: