Monday, October 30

What are you compensating for?

In response to last week’s question, “What are you compensating for?,” my sailing friend Norm admitted, “When I say something stupid, I am compensating for being too smart!”

My temple friend Henry concluded, “I’m compensating for the fact that everyone else is too tall!”

My adjunct executive friend Lindy acknowledged, “I often find myself compensating for poor grammar, such as sentences ending in prepositions.”

And my dad’s beach buddy Bob shared, “As I drink my 3rd martini (and instructing the bartender to mix a 4th), I try to find a compensating factor that allowed us to graduate the ignorant "D of F" students who then moved into the NFL to earn multi-million dollar salaries.”

Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

      What is a good scare?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Here’s a Halloween treat – it’s a 21 second video to download.

Thu, Nov 16 will be an inspiring, uplifting evening to kick-off the holiday season.  I’m involved in the planning of the 13th Annual Ecumenical Thanksgiving Celebration, which is in Marietta and streamed online.  Here is event info to attend in person and if you want to watch it live.


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: