Monday, October 9

Is judging the fun part?

In response to last week’s question, “Is judging the fun part?”, my cycling friend Ted recalled, “Of course it is!! We did that in college with our notorious Beer Goggles on!”  Then my sailing friend Jan cautioned, “Judging is a burden. Not judging is liberating. "Let him without sin cast the first stone" and all that. Who likes to throw stones at people? It’s hard work. Having a beer with someone is much easier. “ 

My son Zak declared, “This is 100% of why the Internet exists.  There are plenty of metrics about attention.”

My temple friend Richard noted, “Being the judge certainly beats the heck out of being the defendant. However, in marriage, the rule is ‘Judge not, lest ye be judged…or divorced.’ ”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob observed, “I definitely think it would be great at a beauty pageant.  Selecting the best essay for a sholarship is not as pleasant because you know someone deserving will not get the help they need,” to which my equestrian friend Royce added, “Only if it's a Ms. Nude USA contest.”


Please send me your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

      What makes something edible?

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

My temple friend Sherri wanted to pass along her appreciation, as a Jewish mother, for Richard’s reply last week, “They will book your guilt trip free of charge, even if you hadn’t planned to take the trip at all!”  


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.   I invite you to call or email me to catch up.

No comments: