Monday, November 24

What happens when you order a diet water?

In response to last week's question, “What happens when you order a diet water?”, my engineering friend Richard knows “you get mist!” My running friend Tony thought “you’d get an empty glass” while my jeweler friend Bill more optimistically thought “you get half a glass.” Leave it to my neighbor, Dick, though, to realize that “you get a clear powder!”

My colleague Chris believes “
After the laughter subsides from ordering this pleasant non-equity, you are brought filtered water (less rat droppings per mL).” My birthday bud Jon and former colleague Bob added, “You either get laughed at or overcharged; then they gladly accept your money.” My friend Patty explained that is because “you get charged for a “Tantalizing Aqua Product,” which my friend Steve noted “is usually accompanied by a big meal and rich dessert.”
My sailing buddy Kurt knew that it would be “half the calories of regular water and twice the price.” My friend Tracey observed, “I'm not sure what it does for your waistline, but I'm sure it makes your wallet lighter.”


My sailing and dog loving friend Jodie, who may have tried this, wrote, “You get nothing because the clerk probably doesn’t get it.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Last Thanksgiving, many people said, “Uuugh, I ate too much.”
Why will we gleefully do it again this year?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week.

No comments: