Monday, December 1

Last Thanksgiving, many people said, “Uuugh, I ate too much.” Why will we gleefully do it again this year?

In response to last week's question, “Last Thanksgiving, many people said, “Uuugh, I ate too much.” Why will we gleefully do it again this year?”, my birthday bud Jon wrote, “You say that like it's a bad thing!”

While I have much respect for my sailing friend Kurt’s sailing knowledge, he apparently showed his limits when he wrote, “You want me to remember a lesson I learned a year ago?” Similarly, my friend Kevin lamented, “Our memory is not as big as our appetites and our desire for great tasting foods knows no bounds.”

Several friends made no excuse including Bob, Jodie, Tracey and cousin Wes, who believe, “Because it all tastes sooooo good... and there's so much to sample.... and it all tastes so good! “ To this, my Orioles-loving friend Sandy said, “So then we can again say "Uuugh, I ate too much", just like we have every year.” My running friend Tony added, “As a non-secular holiday, one can’t be guilty of gluttony.”

“The question remains are they bragging or complaining?” wrote my temple friend Bill. “Only in America do we brag we have too much to eat.”

My neighbor Bob shared this advice, “Those who refuse to learn from the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them. Kind of a theme for our society and economy, eh?”

Alas, my writer friend Kathleen responded, “Because of the universal law of "no fat, no calories." Everyone knows that on Thanksgiving and your birthday you can eat all you want and not gain weight.*” *Effects are based on following a strict diet for one week before and after the holiday and waiting seven days before weighing. Results may vary.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

If you ‘shop til you drop,’ how do you and your stuff get home?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

No comments: