Monday, December 15

For those people that give 110%, where does the 10% come from?

In response to last week's question, “For those people that give 110%, where does the 10% come from?”, my birthday bud Jon wrote, “From people like me” while my dad’s beach buddy Bob wrote, “Their neighbors’ pocket.”

Similarly, my friend Richard, while in Haifa, wrote, “It comes from an ex(er)cise tax on the unwilling, who are always glad to pay someone else to do the "heavy lifting" for them!” My neighbor Al was a bit more direct, writing “My ____ taxes! Along with the other 100%.”

My dog rescue friend Kate noted that the “extra 10% wasn’t coming from me; I’m
not losing any weight!”

My comedic cable TV friend Bruce determined that “If a person drinks five glasses of 2% milk in a given day, they have another 10%. So make sure you drink your milk!”

“The other 10% is when they take credit for someone else's work,” my college roomie John realized (or practices). “A good campaign can turn something into much more.” My sailing sailing buddy Rich added a related note, “The 10 pct. comes from the boss.”

Oh thank you! I know it’s only a euphemism, but we have only 100% to give. It’s the same with ‘exceeding expectations.’ It evolves to “Poor guy, he didn’t make the team because he only gave 100%”.”

In the holiday spirit, my running friend Tony observed, “It comes from deep inside and what our loved ones have given us.” My friend Marya inspiringly wrote, “as an educator of leadership who has a lot of faith, I believe that 10% comes from the heart and soul! “

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":


What does a clear conscience indicate?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

No comments: