Monday, December 29

How do you know that there isn’t (or wasn’t) a real Santa Claus somewhere?

In response to last week's question, “How do you know that there isn’t (or wasn’t) a real Santa Claus somewhere ?”, my practical friend Richard responded, “How else does one explain all of the subordinate clauses?”

My birthday bud Jon suggested, “Big mouth--now you've ruined things for the goyim!” Yet my neighbor Dick wrote, “if you would have raised this question with my kids years ago, you could have saved me a ton of money!!”

One email simply said, “You just emailed him..................HO! HO! HO!” Then I noticed it was signed by my creative friend Fred.

My comedic friend Bruce noted, ”Who’s to say he isn’t real when you weigh him in quantum mechanics. He’s real in a parallel universe.”

My sailing friend and father of 3 redirects the conversion, “You don’t question Santa! Just enjoy the holidays!” My dog loving friend and former colleague Larry and neighbor Bob wrote, “What are you talking about? Of course there is a real Santa Claus. ” My friend Tracey agreed, “Big fat DUH! The Easter Bunny….not so much.”

My social media friend (who recently became a dog owner) Jodie replied, “Oh no, not another person trying to tell me he isn’t real! Santa is goodness—he is real!” “He exists in a city called "Hope" in the state of "Great Expectations" and therein lies "Fulfillment,” wrote my dad’s beach buddy Bob.

To confirm his existence, my friend Kevin wrote, “There was a Santa Claus. All legends are based on real people. It's just that we, as humans, love to embellish a really good story.” My colleague Chris expounded, “The American version of the Santa Claus figure received its inspiration and its name from the Dutch legend of Sinter Klaas, brought by settlers to New York in the 17th century. As early as 1773 the name appeared in the American press as "St. A Claus." ”

And to ultimately confirm Santa’s existence, my typically humorous, just-on-the-edge of crude, college roomie John shared this compassionate, emotional response, “There is an editorial, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus". Santa rests in the hearts of mankind.”
http://www.newseum.org/yesvirginia

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Why does Father Time look so old when he was “Baby New Year” just 12 months ago?

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

Hal

Wishing y’all a happy, healthy, wealthy New Year. May we take care of our family, friends, country and earth – and not wait for others.
<> Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
<> Use everything that happens to you. Sunny Schlenger

No comments: