Monday, March 2

Are there any prefixes for prefix?

In response to last week's question, “Are there any prefixes for prefix?”, my observant friend Richard noticed that “Since "pre" means "before," and "fix" can be interpreted to mean a dilemma, then a pre-fix would most likely be “the events” leading up to any promise made to one's spouse!”

My dad’s beach buddy Bob stated the obvious, “Yes, the prefix for prefix is always the word before prefix.”

My college roomie John applied his college education by responding, “If a suffix is also an anti-prefix, then yes, it is ‘anti’.”

My sailing buddy Kurt concluded that “Prefix is its own prefix.” My neighbor Dick agreed, adding “However, in "suf-fix" (after) the "suf" is also a prefix.....boggles the mind doesn't it.”

My engineering friend Steve wrote, “Not that I know of, but like acronyms, I'm sure we can make some up.”

Meanwhile, my dining connoisseur friend Jon responded, “I know the antonym is a la carte.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ":

Can you breathe out of your nose and mouth at the same time?
(and why did you just try?)

Live well...laugh often..be happy and have a good week…

No comments: