Thursday, April 8

By celebrating Easter with a bunny, what characteristic or behavior is being encouraged?

In response to last week’s question, "By celebrating Easter with a bunny, what characteristic or behavior is being encouraged?", my birthday bud Jon knows it is "hoppiness" while my wise friend Richard understands it to be "bar hopping." Knowing that this is a spiritual holiday, my sailing friend Scott , "it's rabid devotion" while my former colleague Swany recommends, "deferring to Hugh Hefner."

My friend Ivan suggested, "ask the Pope, but right now, he has other "similar" questions on his plate, and news has it "he aint talkin'!" BTW: On my plate you will find a delicious broiled rabbit at my favorite Italian restaurant. You are all invited."

My neighbor Dick observed, "Since bunnies don't lay eggs, they must steal the eggs, color them
and give them away to kids. We're teaching kids that it is OK to steal."

My neighbor Al responded, 'I think that the bunny brings back the '60's Love Child. Very docile, non aggressive, vegetarian, who has a lot of sex. I'm not sure where the chocolate part comes in ..... Oh! that's with the sex part!" My biking friend Ted needs a couple of sentences to support Al, when he wrote, " My lovely wife Carey thinks of multiplying (but only for bunnies). My third grader Ian on the other hand, thinks of long division. My daughter Ellie thinks of what else, but "Chocolate". For myself, Easter is on a Sunday, it's usually a flying day, so I think of planes. Planes don't mind a good Touch N GO, most women feel differently, which of course brings us back to multiplying."

My comedic friend Bruce warned, "Bunnies use their long ears to detect predators. This means that you should always keep your ears open when you get your Easter candy. Listen for grandpa sneaking over to get a piece of your candy."

My cousin Wes noted that, "Likes Bugs Bunny, 'Eat your vegetables' although there is the small problem of all the Easter candy. My 'organizational dietician friend Marya was also reminded of Bugs when she wrote, "I'm not sure what is being encouraged, but with this famous Looney Tunes clip, my answer would be prankster attitude! ;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gFL7FBe_PA

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

Is Earth the only planet with chocolate?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

My friend Carolyn was left questioning another religion/food connection when she asked, "Why do Jews eat Chinese food on Sunday night?!"

Also: My cousin Valarie complimented everyone, "Last week's seedless watermelon answers was the best crop of answers in a long time. Yay for the seedless watermelon planting seeds of wit."

No comments: