Monday, April 12

Is Earth the only planet with chocolate?

In response to last week’s question, "Is Earth the only planet with chocolate?", my friend Tracey concluded, "Earth may be the only planet, but I'm sure Heaven also has chocolate -- with no fat or calories. Hell probably has it too, but you can't have it if you are there." And my coffee gourmand friend Ruth added, "No, because we have all had some chocolate that has been out of this world!"

"Since Earth is the only planet with women," my sailing friend Kurt concludes, "probably!"

My engineering friend Blair wrote, "Hal, sometimes you are a real party pooper. I sure hope other planets have chocolate!. If they don't, it would be a reason to stay home! PS - In 2007, NPR reported that chocolate could help save the rainforests because the cacao trees grow under the canopy and farmers can raise chocolate as a crop (and that may stop them from cutting down trees.)

My friend Patrick supports Blair, explaining, "I think that’s why the government established NASA."

However, my cousin Valarie challenged NASA's exploration when she wrote, "Only Earth has chocolate, so all those women on Venus HAD to migrate to Earth because women can't live without chocolate. And since men can't live without women, the men on Mars moved to Earth, as well (the Mars bar was only urban legend).

My birthday bud Jon has the evidence. "Of course not. Says right on my bag of M&Ms, distributed by Mars." My former colleague Swany concurred, saying " Mars bar and Milky Way come to mind although I don't think Marvin the Martian or a Vulcan somewhere are making loads of money off those."

"I refuse to contemplate living on a planet without chocolate," declared my quilting friend Jodie. "But this brings up something else. My husband would love to live in Star Trek-like times. Shall I burst his bubble and ask him if he thinks they have vanilla ice cream on those planets? No that's HORROR!"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

If a lawyer and an IRS agent were both drowning, and you could only save one of them, what would you do?
Note: When you put the two words "The" and "IRS" together it spells THEIRS"?


Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

PS: In response to my friend Carolyn asking "Why do Jews eat Chinese food on Sunday night?!", my golden retriever rescue friend Kate explained, "Jews (and others) ate Chinese food on Sundays because they were the only restaurants open on Sunday! People ate Chinese food on Mondays for the same reason. Obviously, the person asking the question did not grow up in the northeast/Midwest in the 40's and 50's!" My friend Swany then asked, "does eating at Panda Express become some level of religious importance?"

No comments: