Tuesday, July 6

What is the opposite of fireworks?

In response to last week’s question, "What is the opposite of fireworks?", my dad's beach buddy Bob looked at home and determined "divorce, unless one can find a spark to re-ignite the heat of the past." My writing and sailing friend Rich was thinking the opposite when he wrote, "the 1% of the time when your wife is happy with you."

From an etymological perspective, my leadership friend Stuart said, "Everybody knows that – it’s Stillwater" while my friend Swany believes it to be "Hydroslacking." My running friend Tony understands it is "water unemployed" and my neighbor Dick described it as "firedandnotworking."

My college roomie John, who expects to participate in this weekend's skinny dipping activity (see last week's email or blog) described it as "a black hole, which absorbs light and a cone of silence to contain the noise."

Then my neigbhor Al realized that the opposite of fireworks is "waterworks," and he provided proof.

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

Why would you want to be the spitting image of someone?

Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: