Monday, July 12

Why would you want to be the spitting image of someone?

In response to last week’s question, "Why would you want to be the spitting image of someone?", my friend Kevin realized "It's all about the easiest way to obtain DNA for cloning."



My dad's beach buddy Bob concluded, "If you had made the same mistake twice and she was uglier than the first one."

My friend Richard responded, "Because it beats the heck out of being the spit-upon image of someone!" to which my running buddy Tony wrote, "It's unsanitary. However, the devilish side of me says that would be awesome to make all the wrong choices and blame the other person for them." To Tony, my Parrothead biologist friend Sam replied, "Because in polite society, one does not 'spit on' or speak ill of anyone. Yet, if you are the 'spitting image' of someone else, you can speak your mind (not necessarily in saliva) and they get blamed - not you!"


My friend Royce heard the question differently. "Evenness and symmetry are achieved by pairing the two split halves of the same tree, or branch. (Hence the country saying: he's the 'splitting image' - an exact likeness.)"

My biking friend Ted lowered the class of responses, writing, "my son does not want to be the "spitting" image of his dad, but prefers to "one up" that with a more disgusting habit by being the "farting image" of his dad."

Fortunately, my organization behavior friend Marya had a very positive conclusion to the discussion, "If I could be the spitting image of Katherine Hepburn......you can 'spit, polish, and shine' me to be her 'spitting image'!"


Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:


Who do clowns hire for entertainment during their kid's birthday parties? (from my friend Swany)


Live well...laugh often and heartily….be happy, have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

No comments: