Monday, July 26

Can you pretend to be yourself?

In response to last week’s question, "Can you pretend to be yourself?", my cousin's son Greg determined, "yes, it's called high school." And my dad's beach buddy Bob observed that "everybody does it....they call it wishful thinking."

My woodworking friend Doug shared, "If you have amnesia, all you can do is pretend."

My neighbor Al queried, "How do you know that I'm really me and not just pretending to be me in the first place." My college roomie John noted that "if you have multiple personalities, it may be an issue." My friend Vivian explained that "we are all of many personalities. Which will I pretend to be today? Hmmm!" My writing and sailing friend Rich added, "You can try, but if you are a jerk at heart, then sooner or later a jerk you will be." And my friend Royce chimed in, "George Bush did it."


My birthday bud Jon noted, "Yes, but I’m not very convincing." My moonlight cruising friend Tracey noted, "Only when the meds wear off."


My quilting and sailing friend Jodie shared, "Oh yes one can. Did for ages leading up to the decision to leave my husband. The hard part is that once the decision is made, you're so back to being so yourself, it's hard on the one being left." To this, my marketing friend Jeff offered, "What better character can you play than yourself? When we are sad we can play happy. We can play the fool or the victim. The real question is who is our understudy?"


Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:


       If two sculptures are equally talented, is it a draw?


Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!


Hal


Happy Birthday to my bride, Alison. We've been happily married for more than 50% of her trips around the sun!

No comments: