Monday, March 14

Can you be past tense?

In response to last week’s question, "Can you be past tense?”, my sailing and writing friend Rich advised, “Yes, it usually costs me flowers, candy and in extreme cases a trip to jewelry store to get my wife past tense with me.

I can very much relate to my sailing friend Kurt’s observation that “about 5 minutes after I get to the lake, I am way past tense.” My cousin Wes had a similar experience, writing “Past Tense. Isn't that what we are enjoying while on vacation in Margaritaville? Ah, I feel so laid back after the massage with this Corona in hand. :) “

My dad’s beach buddy Bob noted, “It all depends on the type of medication you take to get over it. But there are times when it is great to be a bit tense......go girl, go.” To which my dear WV friend Mary Rich shared, “I am frequently past tense – often WAY past tense. That’s why G-d made Xanax.” And my friend Royce declared, “I'm so damned old I am past tense and very loose.”

My friend Richard responded, “I believe the term for being past tense is rigor mortis. (NOTE: If you aren’t familiar with this term, please consult your local medical examiner, undertaker, or necrophiliac.)

My cycling friend Ted answered, “My name is Ted and my past tense would be Tad!”

And then my engineering friend Steve put things into perspective when he shared, “Yes, just ask my masseuse.”

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' ”:

Are you considered drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on? Happy St Patty’s Day

Live well...laugh often and heartily…. have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

The groundhog was right; Spring appears to be arriving shortly.
- - - - - -
The number of pints being donated is growing! People are responding by email as well as visiting my “100 Pints” project on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/100-Pints/121406587930931?sk=info Thanks for caring and please let me know if you’d like to know more. Hal

No comments: