Monday, May 6

Does the sun come up every day in conversation?



In response to last week’s question, "Does the sun come up every day in conversation?", my neighbor Al explained, "No it comes up in the East" while my birthday bud Jon concluded, "only if it dawns on me."

My sailing friend Mike and friend Royce agreed, "Nah, the sun will come up…..tomorrow."

My dad's beach buddy Bob countered, "Only when it is cold and raining." My collaboration friend KJ shared, "I believe if you have a sunny disposition, the sun will definitely come up in conversation every day. I believe a smile reminds people of the warmth of the sun. Everyone else will bring it up, perhaps directly or indirectly on a daily basis. For instance, “it’s raining today”, therefore making an indirect reference to the fact that the sun is not shining. Almost all of us do seem to enjoy the sun shining rather than the alternatives."

My friend Richard proposed, "I suppose the sun comes up whether you are engaged in conversation or not.  If you were engaged in conversation when the sun came up, I guess that would qualify as 'pillow talk'.”

My writing and sailing friend Rich the concluded, "I am not sure if the sun comes up everyday in conversation or not.  I am sure that I don't want to be around for the day the sun didn't come up today is the conversation."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is it OK if it's not a felony?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Hal
Thanks to my dog rescue friend Ken and others for a great time at Bark in the Park yesterday.  Braves won and the dogs and friends had a great day.

No comments: