Monday, May 13

Is it OK if it's not a felony?



In response to last week’s question, "Is it OK if it's not a felony?", my writing and sailing friend Rich advised, "Totally depends on the sense of humor of the arresting officer."  And my sailing friend Mike added, "That all depends on your (mis)demeanor."

My Parrothead friend Sam replied, "That depends... How good were the margaritas that proceeded it?" 

My friend Richard concluded, "There’s certainly no crime in not committing a felony.  The Oxford Dictionary defines “okay” as “satisfactory but not especially good.” Not committing a crime doesn’t mean one is necessarily doing good, I’d say the answer is 'Yes'."
                           
My friend Kelly cautioned, "it’s OK if it’s not a felony AND you don’t get caught!"

My friend Royce then replied, "To hell with the question. I think I dated that dog!"
As a side note, my long time cable TV friend Buck shared a thought that is half the reason we all contribute to these weekly emails, " Just wanted to wish you a great week. I enjoy your weekly reminders that the journey through life should be fun and enjoyable."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

After graduation, are you graduated, gradual or something else?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Hal

My golden retriever rescue friend Kim replied to the prior week's question, "Does the sun come up every day in conversation?" with  "LOVE THIS!!!!!   To me….. the sun is a reminder of G-d’s Grace on us…. Gloomy days are the days we need to reflect on why we need Grace…… without Grace/forgiveness, we will be miserable people……  to me, my dogs are the closest thing to G-d on earth - Looking at my dogs reminds me how to be happy and to forgive others and LOVE…..:-)

[Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.]

No comments: