Monday, January 6

What's the next thing on your bucket list?



In response to last week’s question, "What's the next thing on your bucket list?,"  my friend Richard offered the following, which I believe we can all agree with, "Number 1 on my "bucket list": DON'T kick the bucket this year!"

My buddy Henry wrote, "To make a ‘bucket list’!" which my product mgmt friend Doug Johnson agreed, "Create a Bucket List."

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "To add just one more thing.  You never want to get to the end of a bucket list."

·         My neighbor Al: Does getting out of bed count?  After buying a motorcycle and hot air balloon, Elaine told me that I'm not allowed any more mid-life crisis toys.
·         My friend Bruce: Waking up tomorrow, yeah I'm a low achiever (although he bought a florist shop last year).
·         My dad's beach buddy Bob: Lose 15 pounds or die.
·         My cycling friend Ted:  You know this one -- it involves pedals!!  (across the US in 2018)
·         My sailing friend Tom: Sail to England to see the Harrison Clocks in Greenwich and sail back using Celestial Navigation with multiple GPS backups. http://www.rmg.co.uk/harrison

When my friend Royce replied, "Throw away the damn bucket," my social media friend Mark counseled, "No bucket list in my world. If I see something I like, I just do it. Come to think of it, everything is next on my bucket list. I want to do everything before I die."

My project mgmt friend KJ expressed her philosophy, "I’ll be honest with you, I don’t really have a bucket list. I’ve lived such a rich, full life so far. I’ve visited Europe several times with Switzerland, Southern Germany and Northern Italy being my favorite places to visit on earth so far. I’ve also visited Costa Rica, Puerto Rico,  Mexico, Jamaica, Canada and 41 of the 50 States including Alaska. I sowed a lot of wild oats when I was younger. I love where I live, how I live and who I am. I had my son at 40. All I truly hope for is to see him reach 40, so, hopefully there’s an 80 in my future, but other than that, I’m good. So, forget the Bucket List, just live life! If you think you missed something, hop to it! There’s no time like the present!"

And my birthday bud Jon presented this thought, "Not sure about next item; but I know the last one--death."
Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

Is gravy a beverage?  (from Erma Bombeck)

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal
  
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.



No comments: