Monday, March 10

Do happy dogs have bigger tail muscles?



In response to last week’s question, "Do happy dogs have bigger tail muscles?", my social media friend Mark provided the answer of a real dog lover, writing, "Dog's tail wagging muscles are the strongest muscles anywhere. They can make every human smile, make busy people stop for a moment, make sick people feel like someone cares, and even make other tails wag just at the sight."

My Parrothead friend Samantha saw the strength from a slightly different view as she wrote, "Yes they do, and those extra tail muscles help knock you down and then propel them to your face for wet dog kisses to prove it :) "

My dad's beach buddy Bob concluded, "Only the females because they always end up doing all the wagging," to which my friend Royce queried, "Which brings up the question of whether or not the tail wags the dog or the dog wags the tail?"
My friend Richard observed, "No, but unhappy dogs seem to have much bigger teeth!"  My temple friend Lesley noted, "Except for the dogs whose tails were docked, I would say 'yes.'"

My sailing friend Norm responded, "They must, because they wag so much and so hard.  Happy dogs also have strong butt muscles because they wag their butts as often as their tails."

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is persistence endless? from my friend Lesley paraphrasing Calvin Coolidge     

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal
 
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.





No comments: