Monday, March 17

Happy St Patrick's Day: Is persistence endless?



In response to last week’s question, "Is persistence endless?," my friend Royce replied, "Only if you have OCD" while my dad's beach buddy Bob noted, "Only to the point where it interferes with my 4 p.m. martini." 

My project mgmt friend KJ advised, "I believe persistence should be endless if you desire to continually learn and grow. However, being too persistent can be detrimental to your political standing as some people would just prefer for things to be swept under the rug. On numerous times, I’ve been told to “just let it go” in a rather ominous tone. So, my advice, 'Persist with caution.'"

My social media friend Mark wrote, "My persistence in attempting to write a clever answer to this one is definitely seeming endless. I stand corrected, I give up. There is an end. Right now," to which I was left wondering my nobody quoted Kenny Rogers song The Gambler, which counsels, "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em."  http://youtu.be/Jj4nJ1YEAp4

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

How can you tell Spring is in the air?

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Robin Williams noted that Spring Nature's way of saying "Let's Party!"  St. Patrick's Day is when everyone gets the Irish spirit.  Wow -- what a week it will be!
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.





No comments: