Monday, March 31

Do you need to earn a nap?



In response to last week’s question, " Do you need to earn a nap?," my social media friend Mark saw this from entirely unique angle when he concluded, "I know your last nap is urned."

My dad's beach buddy Bob declared, "You certainly do unless you are in a vegetative state" to which my writing and sailing friend Rich added, "'Life is hard and then you nap.' If it is not on tee shirt then it needs to be."

However, my friend Richard challenged, "On the contrary, the best kind of nap is one that is unearned because taking the nap is a better alternative than whatever chores you were expected to perform. The pinnacle of napping occurs when you have a ton of yard work planned (or planned for you) and it rains all day. Then there is nothing to do but nap. It’s 'Napvana!'"

My birthday bud Adam concurred, "No, you don't have to earn a nap.  Naps are a solid way to fill in missing sleep and help the body heal up from Squash (or squish) and running.  Plus, our Amber dog yellow lab is the goddess of naps, she can pass out nearly anywhere and those are certainly not earned."

My sailing friend Kurt queried, "Does passing out in my recliner after sailing all day count as earning a nap?"  And my friend Tracey added, "Just getting out of bed is enough to warrant a nap."

And then my project mgmt friend KJ provided her balanced perspective,  "All a matter of perspective. When I take a nap, I'm being forced to shut down since I thoroughly dislike sleeping during the day. So, my body needs it. When my husband takes a nap, he thoroughly enjoys sleeping. So, my husband's napping affections need it. I earned it because I worked myself to it. My husband earned it because he has a human right to take a nap. Who's judging?"

Please share your thoughts about "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

Is there pure randomness?  (from my friend Lesley)

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a point to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal
A special request from my nephew.  He has a 2 min questionnaire about watching TV when you were growing up (please don't discount yourself because you have yet to grow up).  He's really asking for when you were 8, 10 and 12 yrs old about your view of sitcoms.  Please go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9FMWRXX to help him with his term paper.  Thanks.

…then be sure to have a little levity by observing April Fool's Day tomorrow.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.






No comments: