Monday, May 5

How can you tell a good pollen from a bad pollen?



In response to last week’s question, "How can you tell a good pollen from a bad pollen?", my friend Royce wondered, "Is this a political question?" while my birthday bud Jon cautioned, "Don't know, but that question is nothing to sneeze at."

My dad's beach buddy Bob concluded, "Simple....the good pollen puts fruit and vegetables on your table, even broccoli, while the bad keeps you up sneezing all day." My writing and sailing friend Rich agreed about "fruits and vegetables. Bad pollen gives you yellow cars and runny noses."

My engineering friend Steve, and sailing friend Kurt concurred, writing, "The good pollen makes honey and new plants and flowers, the bad is all the leftovers that covers our cars and makes us cough and sneeze."


My social media friend Mark expounded, "bad pollen does its thing without any kind of permission and certainly no approval or encouragement. Good pollen waits for the recipient to be open to the idea. And maybe even a bit wet for better reception."

To this, my cousin Wes replied, "Do I sneeze with itchy eyes?" while my cycling friend Ted reported from his 500 mile bike ride, "Being outdoors all day on a bike I can tell you there is no "good" pollen!"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Does your conscience hurt when all your other parts feel good?  (inspired by Steven Wright)

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Last week, in response to the question "Why does toilet paper need a commercial? (Who doesn't use it?)," my college roomie John then provided this baffling thought, "Do we assume people shake with their right hand and wipe with their left?"  My social media friend Mark pointed out, "I don't care to meet your old roommate now.  Ask him if he thinks about the last thing he soaps up in the shower and the first thing he soaps up the next day."

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all of my American friends' it's a holiday that apparently most Mexican are interested in…..
   
Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.






No comments: