Monday, July 7

What is the opposite of fireworks?



In response to last week’s question, "What is the opposite of fireworks?", my IT friend Kosol cleverly wrote, "not being able to get past first base."

My social media friend Mark observed, "The opposite is a nap. I like both equally. I say ahhh after a good one. But the two are opposite in every way I can imagine. Even the time of day when each is appreciated most is on opposing sides of the clock."

My hiking friend Kelly concluded that the opposite is "abject boredom = concert from any popular band of the last 10 years" while my college roomie John described it as "Going to a staff meeting."    My project management friend KJ  thought it was "a really dark, starry night with lots of peace and quiet."

My management guru friend Stuart replied simply, "The answer is in Oklahoma, Stillwater."

My dad's beach buddy Bob said it was "A fire flop" while my cycling friend Ted said it was "WaterFailures!" and my dog rescue friend Kate replied, "Rain doesn't."  My neighbor Al offered, "Unemployed Fire" while my engineering friend Steve, equestrian friend Royce, and marketing friend Jeff proclaimed, "Waterworks perhaps, but then again, depending on what you say to your wife you may get both."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?

Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that makes you smile!

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.








No comments: