Monday, July 28

How does one 'make good time'?



In response to last week’s question, "How does one 'make good time'?", my dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "by beating the clock.  That is where the rewards are," to which my college roomie added, "One way is to drive fast to "make up" time.  Another way is to sleep fast, if we get to bed late and need to rise early."

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "The ingredients are always around you, loving family, good friends, sunny spring days, warm summer evenings, blustery fall days, crisp winter mornings, new experiences, the comfort of home, a glass of wine or a cuppa tea, take something from every column on the spreadsheet that is your life and the world you live in and whip it together for your own good time, in the words of the Immortal Hal Schlenger - "Never miss an opportunity to do something that makes you smile!"

My sailing friend Kurt declared, "This is an easy one' Sailing is the answer," which led my birthday bud Jon to reply, "Drinks much beer."

My comedic friend Bruce recalled, "Get Norman Lear to write a series starring J.J. Walker.   My friend Lon lamented, "I have been looking for Ms Good time, (Interested in meeting her), so if you find her, let me know."

My cycling friend Ted concluded, "Good Time can only be made on an expensive watch such as a Rolex!"

My wise friend Ed, who once asked me after running up a hill, "can you catch asthma?",  wrote, "I've been procrastinating on my response.  Am I too late....:)  "  Similarly, my cable marketing friend Megan wrote, "Since I’m a Pro at procrastination, I’m just answering last week’s question today!!  The big “pro” of procrastination is the “pro”bability that a distasteful task might no longer need to be completed, at least by you.  I’m certain that my hubby believes if he procrastinates on the honey-do list that I’ll just handle it myself!" Another cable friend and sailor, Jason, reminded us that "procrastination is 'in favor of cras and tineo', which are Latin for 'I hold tomorrow'."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Are you insensitive or just don't care?

Never miss an opportunity to do something that makes you smile!

Hal

Thanks to my wife Alison for pointing out another fun Weird Al Yankovic video.  Enjoy:  http://youtu.be/XsWo8apgLys

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     







No comments: