Monday, September 8

If I blame you, did I say it was your fault?



In response to last week’s question, "If I blame you, did I say it was your fault?," my writing and sailing friend Rich noted that, "Every woman in my life is able to blame me without actually saying it was my fault," to which my creative Facebooking friend Tracey confirmed, "Yes.... especially if blaming a spouse."

My engineering friend Steve recalled, "Isn’t that called a scapegoat? In a former job I was blamed for all kinds of things that the bosses knew were their fault."

My dad's beach buddy Bob queried, "Not if it is stated as a double negative.  Then it would mean the opposite wouldn't it?

And my creative filmmaking friend Ivan advised, "Perhaps, but more important is you show how terribly wrong you can be."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Can you have flabs to steel? (from my friend Ty)

Never miss an opportunity to do something that makes you smile!

Hal

If you enjoy a good parody, click to see Ikea's parody of the Mac Airbook ad.

We're grateful that my running and construction friend Fred has returned home after his open heart surgery last week. 

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

    








No comments: