Tuesday, September 2

If you are "careless", does that mean you care some?



In response to last week’s question, "If you are "careless", does that mean you care some?," my social media friend Mark replied, "More or less," while my dad's beach buddy Bob explained, "It only means that you are absent minded."

My cousin Wes determined, "Some say less is more.  On the other hand, I could care less means I care enough to be able to care less.  So maybe it means I care just a tiny bit but not enough to take caring actions." Then my friend Richard concluded, "Nope. It’s a shortened form of 'care less than 0.' ”."

My writing and sailing friend Rich advised, "I would only want to care more as long it was carefree."

My equestrian friend Royce countered, "If you care some, and/or more, then that means you aren't careless doesn't it?"  My Parrothead friend Samantha cautioned, "Yes.  Careless means less than full and more than free.  So, caring more about answering an email than seeing the hole in the road would be careless. Beware as the zombie phone-pocalypse trip in coordination."

My collaboration friend Paul observed, "It makes me think of a certain enterprise's internal culture ‘brand’ of ICARE.   For years, we joked that it meant “I CARE only about my(self/BU/department)” or should be preceded by 'Like.' "    

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:
If I blame you, did I say it was your fault?
Never miss an opportunity to do something that makes you smile!

Hal

A huge 'thank you' to my Noshfest partner, Barbara, the score of people who helped plan Noshfest over the past 11 months, and the hundred-plus volunteers that made Noshfest a tasty, fun time this week.  That's "community"

And best wishes to my running and construction friend Fred with his open heart surgery today.  Many prayers for you and your surgeon.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: