Monday, September 22

It is possible to decide to be undecided?



In response to last week’s question, " It is possible to decide to be undecided?," my social media friend Mark believes, "Yes, absolutely. I think" to which my birthday bud Jon added, "Yes, but of course you can change your mind about it."  To this, my engineering friend Steve noted, "Of course, hence the quote, 'If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.'"

My wise friend Richard advised, "Nope. To decide not to decide is to decide. That said, indecision is the key to flexibility."  And my collaboration buddy Paul concurred, "Sure.  A sign of maturity is recognizing that more is gray than black and white."

My cycling friend Ted explained, "Well according to the wisdom of my beloved wife, we can 'Agree to Disagree', therefore logic would dictate that we can also 'decide to be undecided.'"

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "It is a political ploy.  Should I have been undecided before I said I DO 62 years ago?  Hmmmm."  To this, my writing and sailing friend Rich cautioned, "I think 'I don't care, you pick' is a legitimate choice as long as you understand that you are giving up your right to complain bout it later."

My equestrian friend Royce lamented, "Alas, plans to write my autobiography have been compromised by a single statement."  My writing friend Stan responded, "Sure, it’s possible to decide to be undecided – especially when you want to mess with election pollsters."  And my cousin Wes wrote, "Sure -- just decode this to procrastinate on deciding and you will be undecided. Sort of like being agnostic."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: '

When a person adopts a dog or cat from a rescue, who rescues who?

Never miss an opportunity to do something that makes you smile!

Hal

Best wishes to our friend Capt Phil, who takes over the dockmaster role at the sailing club.  Remember, "it never happened."

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

    









No comments: