Monday, December 8

Can you choke on a lifesaver?



In response to last week’s question, "Can you choke on a lifesaver?",  my cousin Greg, the actor noted, "That would be tragic irony," to which my collaboration friend Paul replied, "They designed the gummy ones for just this safety reason, I’m sure."

My Brotherhood friend Lesley realized that "if a whale were reading this blog, I suppose choking on a lifesaver is quite plausible."

My dad's beach buddy Bob wrote, "Certainly, when you try to eat it instead of wearing it," to which my cycling friend Ted replied, "Yes, and it will immediately start doing the Heimlich manouevre and dial 911."

My birthday bud Jon then shared, "That reminds me of a joke:  two elderly women in Florida were talking.  One says “Life here is pretty good, but sometimes I do miss sex.”  Her friend replies, “When I feel that way, I just suck on a lifesaver.”  “Ah,” says her friend, “must be nice living close to the beach.”

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Peter Pan is about a boy who never grew up. Why is the part usually played by a woman? 
(from my sailing friend and college roommate John)

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

A great time was had by all who walked with our dog rescue  in Saturday's Christmas parade.  Someone liked us enough to stop the rain during the parade.  Pictures are at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.903824432976004.1073741829.121793127845809&type=1

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     









No comments: