Monday, December 15

Peter Pan is about a boy who never grew up. Why is the part usually played by a woman?



In response to last week’s question, "Peter Pan is about a boy who never grew up. Why is the part usually played by a woman?", my business advisor friend  Stuart asked ,"Did you think Tinkerbell was the only fairy in Neverland?", to which my cycling friend Ted added,  "We all know that Peter was not the most Manly Man!"

My hiking friend Kelly suggested, "Just a stupid guess here, but is it possible that it was a move brought about in the 1990’s to protect the actors from a potential sexual assault by Michael Jackson?"

My dog rescue friend David heard from his friend that “It should be called Peterless Pan.”   My dad's beach buddy Bob thought it was a "mistaken name. It was not Peter, it was Patricia Pan who was small enough and light enough to fit into the harness and be hoisted above the stage."  Yet my friend Tracey said, "I think the bulge in the tights might have a little to do with it."

My birthday bud Jon concluded, "Men aren’t mature enough," to which my neighbor Al concurred, "Because the men are too childish!"  My KBG friend Lon  added, "Since guys 'never grow up ', if a male played the part, he may really try to fly, no strings attached( plus, he would definitely try to mate with the 'Wendy Bird", which would also have disastrous consequences, as it would piss off Tinkerbell.)"

And my social media friend Mark observed, "Because it is a fantasy. If you want to see a 'real boy' who never grew up played by a male figure, just look in the recliner in any American TV room. Who'd pay to see that?"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

How do you know if you spelled Hanukkah (or Chanuka) right?  (from my neighbor Al)

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

If you hope for peace, then this 9 min speech by a Palestinian Muslim in a Jewish synagogue is something to see and share!   http://youtu.be/3cSnWhsix3c   And if you think all Muslims are terrorists, I challenge you to watch this.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.
Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.






No comments: