Monday, January 26

Why can't we all just get along? and Super Bowl question



In response to last week’s question, "Why can't we all just get along?", my friend Royce replied, "I was just asking myself the same question this morning while drinking a grande mocha latte with doubled whipped cream while watching CNN on my i-phone."

My social media friend Mark asked, "A long what? If it is what I think...speak for yourself."

My writing and sailing friend Rich shared, "If  we would only do what she wants, when she wants it, with a cheery disposition, then we could all get along.  That’s what my wife tells me is the key to getting along."  

My friend Alan cautioned, "Too real of a subject to make light of.  It’s the first one of yours that requires too much thinking and too much truth…..Actually, I did think of something. Not everyone has enjoyed sailing so they don’t know the majesty of peace."

And my college roomie John noted, "A good question and no easy answer.  As we grow, we develop our own prejudices, we all have them.  But hopefully we recognize them, open our minds and hearts and look past them to see each other as equals.  Or if you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

What makes the Super Bowl so super?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

Bonus question:  Who would root for Bill Belichick? 

To last week's message, my friend Fred replied, "Thanks for the sayings by MLK.  Very nice tribute to him to remember these" which included "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.
     



No comments: