Monday, February 16

Can you be too romantic? and a Presidents' Day question



In response to last week’s question, "Can you be too romantic?", my equestrian friend Royce confidently wrote, "Yes and I consider it a handicap."

My new logistics friend Joe declared, "With your boss, your wife’s sister and your proctologist: YES!"   My neighbor Al expounded on this, "Yep, just ask my ex-wives. (In reality, Elaine and I are coming up on 33 years!)"

My dad's beach buddy Bob recalled, "Certainly after a great dinner and a bottle of good wine" while my BBQ friend Alan challenged, "Never, if it involves your wife!"  To this, my cousin Wes agreed, "Not for your spouse. For someone you want to date, though, it would be considered stalking."  My cycling friend Ted then explained, "The brain has a special center that activates the gag reflex when necessary. It's a protective mechanism that can save your life(and marriage!)"

My temple friend Lesley reminisced about being too romantic, "Yes. The line, "Ouch, my tooth hurts. I must have a cavity because you are so sweet," got me a wife, child, mortgage, etc."

My collaboration friend Paul observed, "Given how much girls like slimy, yes."

And my writing and sailing friend Rich suggested, "Ask Pepe' Le Pew's girlfriend.  "Where are you Pigeon? I am looking for you.""

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Is there anything better than being President of one of most influential nations on the planet?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     



No comments: