Monday, February 23

Is there anything better than being President of one of most influential nations on the planet?



In response to last week’s question, "Is there anything better than being President of one of most influential nations on the planet?", my temple friends Tracey and Lesley both agreed, "Yes.... being the past president of anything is always better."  My birthday bud Jon then explained, "Being ex-President,  you can work for four years and then get a great pension, office expenses, and chauffeur service for the rest of your life. Don’t know about you, but that beats the hell out my pension program!"

My sailing friend Mike suggested, "Vice President.  Good pay, good living arrangements, no work."

My writing and sailing friend Rich responded, "Being the benevolent dictator and sole citizen of a well-stocked deserted island."     My collaboration friend Pau counted, "Sure - a left handed pitcher.  They make lots more $ for a lot less hassle."  And my equestrian friend Royce imagined, "How about an endless supply of single malt Scotch, good wine, and being held captive by a group of nymphomaniac Sofia Vergara look alikes...."

My hiking friend Kelly pondered, "I wouldn’t know…  I’ve not heard from the President of China on the subject."

My social media friend Mark noted, "Yes, anything."  To this, my new transportation friend Joe shared results of his interviewing skills, "'I ask myself that question every day” from Hillary Clinton. 'Don’t ask me' from Mitt Romney.  And 'Damn Hanging Chads' from Al Gore."

And then my dad's beach buddy Bob counseled, "Yes, getting rid of one of the most incompetent in the history of the nation. "

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

Can you have an electronic paper trail?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     



No comments: