Monday, March 2

Can you have an electronic paper trail?



Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration. 

In response to last week’s question, "Can you have an electronic paper trail?,"  my IT support friend Kosol concluded, "No such thing exists. Try and ask the IRS for their emails and they'll tell you the same. Oops my computer just crashed."    My engineering friend Steve recalled, "Steve Jobs wanted the electronic versions to look like paper + the NSA = Hell Yes!"   My DISH friend Mark conferred, "After a few depositions and ensuing litigation, hell yes! Ask Bill Gates."

My writing friend Stan concluded, "Yes, it’s a virtual certainty."

My Chase banker friend Tracey offered, "Absolutely! May I tell you about online banking, and the convenience of a paperless statement."  And my neighbor Al shared, "Considering that Georgia Power (electric company) sends me a paper bill every month ... I guess I'd have to say yes."

My dad's beach buddy Bob cautioned, "Everyone who has a Facebook page is creating one that will take a lot of Kleenex to clean up."  To this, my cycling friend
Ted added, "Big brother says you can!"

My birthday bud Jon observed, "Technically, yes. Paper is made up of atoms, which have electrons. So any paper trail is electronic."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What happens if your password is "incorrect?"

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     



No comments: