Monday, March 23

With Spring starting this past Saturday, what will you do with your fancy?



In response to last week’s question, "With Spring starting this past Saturday, what will you do with your fancy?", my dad's beach buddy Bob declared, "Everyone is supposed to tickle their fancy when spring starts," to which my sailing friend Dawn  replied, "No brainer.  SAIL" while my cousin Wes wrote, "Go spring skiing.  56 degrees @ 11,000 feet."

My cycling friend Ted thought, "I suppose my wife is my fancy, so I will spare you all the details!"

While my equestrian friend Royce cautioned, "'That's rather personal' he said with a smile," my Parrothead friend Samantha annonced, "Parade it proudly, of course!" My PR friend Stan agreed, "I’m gonna give my fancy more fresh air"

My transportation friend Joe revealed, "Not sure.  As I get older, I use my fancy less and less."

My BBQ friend Alan  replied, "Feed it to my cat.  Fancy Feast."

And then my collaboration friend Andy noted, "Spend another season trying to figure out what Robert Burns is trying to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJhDEx6BloM (or read the words at http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/robertburns/works/ode_to_spring/)

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Growing old is inevitable. Is growing up optional?

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Happy Birthday Friday to my birthday buds Adam, Jon, James…and Mariah Carey, Fergie, former Baltimore Colt MIke Curtis, and the late Sarah Vaughan,

My videographer friend Ivan shared an additonal response to the prior week's question, What happens if your password is "incorrect?"   He said, "That's just wrong."

Thanks to Demetri Martin (at the Punchline in Atlanta this Sat) , Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     





No comments: