Monday, March 30

Growing old is inevitable. Is growing up optional?



In response to last week’s question, "Growing old is inevitable. Is growing up optional?, " my friend Richard advised, "Growing up is optional, but it can be a very expensive option, and one that way too many people do not exercise."  To this, my Parrothead friend Sam added, "Of course it's optional!  I am growing older, but not up (Jimmy's song).  That would be boring."

My dad's beach buddy Bob concluded, "Certainly.....It is a state of mind.  Ask your Dad," to which my cousin Jamee confirmed, "Obviously growing up is optional- just look at our family!  Lol!"

My temple friend Tracey replied, "Absolutely! You have had the distinct pleasure of sitting with me at services. It's bad when your children tell you to behave"

My transportation friend Joe shared, "According to my wife – NO; according to our adult children-YES."  My equestrian friend Royce sided with Joe's wife by writing, "HELL No!"

My videographer friend Ivan declared, "I'm 5'17" tall.  Growing up may be an option, but growing up, and up, and up, for me, was not."  My friend Bruce then explained, "No! growing up is genetically identified and can be chemically enhanced...said the guy who's been 5'3" since the Beatles STOPPED touring..."

My social media friend Mark countered, "I have to disagree with the premise...there is an option to growing old, which consequently renders the conclusion incorrect also."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What is the proper etiquette in the buffet line?  (from my dog rescue friend Leah)

We don't stop laughing because we get old. We get old because we stop laughing.  Make it a priority to have fun and make others laugh.

Hal

Advice:  Wednesday is a play day -- make a point to have some fun without doing any long term damage.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     





No comments: