Monday, February 9

Do you have a shadow at night? and a Valentine's Day question



In response to last week’s question, "Do you have a shadow at night?",  my birthday bud Jon replied, "I think so, but I’m paranoid."  To this, my engineering friend Steve offered "Let me get a flashlight and I’ll check."

My writing friend Stan shared, "I used to. But now he's old and sleeps through those times when I wake up."

My sailing friend Norm explained, "Of course you have a shadow --it's just too dark to see!" to which my writing and friend Rich concisely noted, it's "a Dark Shadow."

My dad's beach buddy Bob pointed out, "Always in the moonlight," to which my feline loving friend Tracey declared, "Absolutely! Cat Stevens said it best, 'I'm being followed by a moon shadow.'"   My dog rescue friend Kate expounded, "Last night, we watched the sun set west of the big Island as we concurrently watched a full moon rise in the north.    Two shadows."

And my BBQ friend Alan responded, "If his name is Punxsutawney Phil, and it’s Feb 2nd, he always sees his shadow" even though it's oh-dark thirty when he is pulled from his habitat.

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “: 

Can you be too romantic?

Live. Love. Learn. Laugh .. Lighten up!  

Hal

Was anyone else required to memorize Robert Lewis Stevenson's My Shadow (http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/171951)?

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

     



No comments: