Tuesday, May 26



In response to last week’s question, "Can a dog get a manicure?," my writing and sailing friend Rich replied, "I am sure they can and do.  Thank god my dad did not live to see the day."

My BBQ friend Alan suggested, "If it makes her happy!" to which my transportation friend Joe surmised, "Yes – and if you make under the federal poverty level, Obama will pay for it."

My temple friend Richard pointed out, "If the dog sharpens its claws on a human, that would be a manicure (or possibly a womanicure). "

My cycling friend Ted observed, "They get massages all day long so why not a manicure,  which BTW would be called a PAWnicure."

My transportation friend Chris, my broadcasting friend Bill and  neighbor Al agreed, "Since they’re technically feet, no, they get a Pet-i-cure," to which my friends Mark and Bob concurred with my dad's beach buddy Bob, who responded, "Of course, just like most women get a matching peTicure."

Then my videographer friend Ivan reach higher, "How many people will say Peticure?   So my answer is, yes, but not from an Asian salon.  Dog, the other white meat.'

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Can you be right using your left hand? 

Live well...laugh often and heartily.... have a good week and never regret anything that made you smile!

Hal

Happy Anniversary Wednesday to my mate, Alison. She is an ideal person -- caring, fun, attractive, adventurous, a good listener, and caring even more.  143A.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: