Monday, August 17

How big is superjumbo?



In response to last week’s question, "How big is superjumbo?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich concluded, "It's less than you want and more than you need."  My jeweler friend Bill  called out, "It depends if you have fries with it or not" to which my marketing colleague Stan quantified, "8,000 calories – minimum."

My temple friend Richard replied, "Not sure how big, but I’m absolutely certain that steroids and other PEDs were involved!  By the way, the late, great George Carlin had a great riff on the phrase “jumbo shrimp” He could not decide whether that referred to a large shrimp or a small jumbo."

My dad, who continues to be an inspiring leader, noted that "Super jumbo is the size of the man sitting next to you on an airplane."

My birthday bud Jon observed, "Superjumbo?  Chris Christie, plus Trump’s ego."
My transportation friend Joe quietly commented, "I won’t say - I don’t like to brag,"
My Utah friend Bruce lamented, "I'm not sure of measurements like super jumbo - I can't even figure out Common Core academic standards."
My dad's beach buddy Bob declared, "In South Carolina we call it a 787.  We know because we make them here in Charleston and they are bigger than hell."  Then my neighbor and professional pilot Al and my cycling friend Ted concurred, "Superjumbo? Go google some pictures of the Airbus A380!"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What are your public parts? from Demetri Martin
Smile for no reason.  It's healthy.

Hal

Congratulations to Rabbi Steve Lebow and Cobb County for an inspiring message about "the newer South."  It was the right message at the right time.  If you want to see his talk, click here, select "On Demand," select "Leo Frank 100th Anniversary" and Rabbi Lebow's message starts at 1:14:00.

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.


     











No comments: