Monday, August 10

Is a mistake repeated more than once a decision?



In response to last week’s question, "Is a mistake repeated more than once a decision?," my equestrian friend Royce suggested, "Ask 'The Donald,'" to which my temple friend Richard added, "I believe the technical term for a mistake repeated more than once is called 'reelection.'   This reminds me that the word 'politics' comes from the Latin terms “poly”, which means “many”, and “tics”, which are blood-sucking vermin."
My sailing and Silicon Valley-gone-TX friend Ed declared, "No.  Its corporate policy."   My writing and sailing friend Rich seemed to concur, adding, "One mistake can happen to anyone, the same mistake twice means I have failed to properly address your training, the same mistake repeated a third time indicates I made a mistake when I hired you."

My cousin, Greg (actually cousin once removed) noted, "Legally, that's called 'insanity,'" to which my neighbor Al expounded, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein"

My dad's beach buddy Bob replied, "Of course.  Idiots do it all the time."

My Utah friend Bruce recalled, "No ...it's just like Miss Applegate (your second grade teacher) told you, "it's okay, Hal, you're just a little slow...".   My cycling friend Ted provided a different view, "No. That just makes you a Blond!"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

How big is superjumbo?

Smile for no reason.  It's healthy.

Hal


Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.


     











No comments: