Monday, August 24

What are your public parts?



In response to last week’s question, "What are your public parts?,"  my writing and sailing friend Rich suggested, "Those are the parts that you  are willing to show the world without tequila."

My marketing friend Mark replied, "It's all the parts we cannot lie about," to which my PR friend Stan added, "Anything about me on the Internet is a public part."

My dad's beach buddy Bob called-out "that it should include everything that is not classified as your private parts," to which my data recovery friend David added, "Public parts are the parts the IRS gets to play with and you feel violated afterward."

My cousin Wes admitted, "At my age and shape, hands and face. :)  "

And my sailing friend John pointed out, "Public parts would seem to be the opposite of 'private parts', and private parts are probably best defined as those parts that we don't want anyone to see.  I'd have to say that as a practicing naturist I don't really have any private parts, so then I guess all my parts are public parts.  But having said that, it kinda sounds like I have some desire to publicize my parts - which I don't!  So always keep in mind there is a distinct difference between a an exhibitionist (who WANTS everyone to see all his/her parts), and a naturist (who DOESN'T CARE who sees all his/her parts)."

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Somewhere in the world a woman gives birth to a child every minute. 
What should we do for her? 

Smile for no reason.  It's healthy.

Hal

Thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by www.nichelabs.com to see what else I'm up to.


     











No comments: