Monday, December 28

Where did the day go?



In response to last week’s question, "Where did the day go (in recognition of Winter Solstice)?",  my writing and sailing friend Rich noticed that, "it was last seen heading west," to which my equestrian friend, Royce expounded, "It caught a train for the west coast."

My temple friend Tracey (coincidence that she works for Chase Bank?) replied, "Mine went by chasing what matters from sun-up to sundown."

My PR friend Stan queried, "You mean it left? I thought it was here for 24 whole hours! OMG! I better jump into my time machine and find it for all of you."

And my social media friend Mark cautioned, "Isn't that racist?"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

Who is your person of the year?

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly.
Hal

Happy New Year y'all.  I like the Chinese tradition to not clean on New Year's day (avoid the risk of sweeping out good luck), and do things that you want to do often during the year.

My engineering friend Jim noted, "As the year comes to a close, a big thank you for all the laughs and smiles that start my Mondays. Wishing you and your family a healthy and happy New Year."  The thank you goes to everyone who contributed, or almost contributed……….   And my construction friend Fred shared, "Hope you and all of the doggies have a wonderful Holiday Season."  Yes, dogs can be an important part of our mental well being.

And thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: