Monday, January 4

Who is your person of the year?



In response to last week’s question, "Who is your person of the year?, my sailing friend Mike cautioned, "It sure isn't Caitlyn Jenner."

My temple friend Lesley interpreted my question as more of an answer, " Yes, Who is my person of the year," adding that when Chin-lung Hu played for the Cleveland Indians a few years ago, "it was hilarious!"

My temple friend Tracey declared, "Definitely my husband, who puts up with me every day," to which my neighbor Al concurred, "My wife, Elaine.  Anyone who can put up with me for 33+ years deserves it."  My writing and sailing friend Rich also gave a shout out to his spouse, "Sweet Jane, She still makes me laugh."  
My cycling friend Ted wrote, "Considering all the butt heads out there in the world it seems like the only one I can count on is my wife! So I nominate Carey Chipps!"    And my BBQ friend Alan teased, "For Runner up, you for being my friend.   For #1, Your wife for putting up with you!" 

My dad's beach buddy Bob pointed out "I  have another week to contemplate that question.  Dr. Ben Carson is at the top of the list."  Meanwhile, my equestrian friend Royce wrote from a rainy beach, "Does anyone really care?"

Please share your thoughts about this week's "things that make you go 'Hmmm' “:

What do you see when you reflect back?

Life  is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly.
Hal

And thanks to Demetri Martin, Steven Wright and George Carlin for the inspiration for Hmmm.  Stop by NicheLabs to see what else I'm up to.

No comments: